View Single Post
Old 25-Apr-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
OberGeiss

OK I'll be sure to report back.

Having AD's XG 91 and CPA 19 I feel more comfortable adding a VHF rig made by AD as well. I seem to be doing extremely well already with high band VHF as I mentioned.

I am unclear as to cabling in order to properly combine the V4 and XG91. Yes, the Yagi is definitely amplified (via AD's CPA-19) and there's a pretty good run (50' or less) from the Yagi's mast mounted pre to the power inserter in the basement.

Is the separate cabling that AD describes needed only with the HLSJ? I have ordered from AD the only VHF/UHF combiner appearing among its products offering, the UVSJ......where should that be placed in my system and can I avoid separate cabling to the V4?

And what about adding a pre to the V-4.....would a single power injector, feeding a common coax the UVSJ, sufficiently power both mast mounted preamps? And, if I leave the single coax from the power injector to the UVSJ, then to the V4(without a pre) and the Yagi (with its pre) am I likely substantially compromising my pre- amplification of the Yagi's UHF signal?

Many thanks gents!!!!
Thanks for all the valuable input.
David

Last edited by OberGeiss; 25-Apr-2012 at 12:08 AM.
OberGeiss is offline   Reply With Quote