View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2012, 7:03 PM   #24
OberGeiss

Thanks MisterMe.....I have UHF covered already and yes it's critical here in 07083. There is one group of low vhf signals from NYC (virtual 42.1, et seq) broadcasting on RF 2. My thought is to essentially construct a set of rabbit ears for roof top mounting, splice it into my system with an Antenna Direct VHF/UHF combiner and give it a whirl.

I'm about 17 miles from where this signal is broadcasted and I can occasionally pull it in with my XG-91, pre-amped wit CPA 19. But I am after more of a rock solid signal. Likely, it's only a matter of time before this channel, assuming it survives, will go to some RF frequency in the UHF band, but until then, just want to play around a bit and see what I can grab.

On the mast issue, I need to read up admittedly on mast grounding. Currently I have the RG-6 cabling from the XG 91 grounded with a two part connector (to the earth, just prior to where the cabling enters the home). That's not grounding the mast I suppose so again I am admittedly in need of some reading on that.......

Best,
David
OberGeiss is offline   Reply With Quote