View Single Post
Old 6-Jan-2012, 2:27 PM   #1
awesminc

Not sure which Antenna I should get

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7fb907446b5e31

I'm not sure which Antenna or what type of setup I should get to get the best reception for channels in my area. We currently have two sets of rabbit ear style antenna's that I got at best buy on sale for about 10 bucks each (one for the upstairs TV and one on the main floor).

I do get a few channels with each but the reception is spotty and cuts out quite a bit. Neither can get NBC locally. The upstairs antenna seems marginally better than the downstairs antenna.

The house in question is a 1 3/4 story, so attic space is limited to the angled roof portion of the second floor.

I would love to get as many channels as I can without extreme measures and setting up multiple antenna's. I will have a rooftop antenna installed if this is the best solution but I would love to get a good recommendation as a lot of the ones I've searched online are rated fantastic on the site selling them then garbage everywhere else.

There are some large trees in the area but most are to the direct east of the house. There are also some larger buildings to the north but these are a few miles away and the terrain in general slopes toward the Detroit river.

Thanks for any help.
awesminc is offline   Reply With Quote