View Single Post
Old 1-Jan-2010, 8:27 PM   #1
NoVa

AD CS2 Antenna, but missing strongest channels

I am a newcomer to this site, but would love some advice. I'm not a big TV watcher, but like to see sports at times. Today's bowl games would be an example. I while back I bought an Antennas Direct Clear Stream 2 on the advice of a friend. Today on not being able to pick up ABC or CBS, I did a little more research on AntennaWeb to learn I needed a medium directional antenna with pre-amp for best reception for my location. I couldn't get that, but I did direct my CS2 to 126 degrees in hopes of picking up more channels. No luck, still picking up only 4.1, 20.1, 5.1 and 30.1. This radar map of my location from TV Fool (http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...c20106b6d3a903) suggests that 6 channels should have a higher Noise Margin than the strongest channel I currently receive - 4.1. I saw a review on the CS2 that suggested that it didn't perform as well in the VHF spectrum and that the Channel Master CM2016 performed better.

Questions:
1. Is there anything as far as a pre-amp and/or outdoor or attic installation that could help the AD CS2 pull in more of the 13 channels it looks like we should be getting rather than the 4 that we currently get?
2. If no to (1), what antennas in the medium directional category would be best? Anything in that category that preserves performance but doesn't look quite so, uh, antenna-like?

thanks,

Bowl-less in NoVa
NoVa is offline   Reply With Quote