View Single Post
Old 20-Aug-2011, 8:46 PM   #1
alaskagrown

Portland, OR reception problem

Hello, this is my first post but I have already gained a wealth of knowledge by browsing the forums, thanks!

I live in NE Portland at the bottom of the north side of Mt. Tabor. I ditched DirectTV a few months ago and have been surviving off my Roku, but I would like to get local channels since football season just started. I bought the RCA ANT121R rabbit ears, but I'm only getting channel 47 clearly, and barely channel 5. I'm about 7 miles from the transmitters and have about 50' elevation, with no obstructions. I even connected my rabbit ears to a 25' coax cable and put it outside on my roof with a clear line of site to the west hills with the same results. I tried the paperclip test and got no channels at all.

Here's my report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9e74a84cec6b63

I should be getting everything I want with no problems... I don't think this is the case, but I'm wondering if my TVs are even capable of receiving digital channels. I have a ~2001 Toshiba rear projection tv that is HD, and I read that anything HD should be okay... I also tried my 2006 Sharp CRT in my bedroom with the same results.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
alaskagrown is offline   Reply With Quote