TV Fool

TV Fool (http://forum.tvfool.com/index.php)
-   General Site Feedback / Discussion (http://forum.tvfool.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A question ... (http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=7007)

Vatsuesy 31-Jan-2012 8:25 PM

A question ...

Sometimes I leave the forum and do not remember where I have been exactly. Is there a function to mark the exact place ?

jeranaerly 1-Feb-2012 1:03 AM

Re: A question ...

Hi,

What you mean with function to mark the exact place?

Vatsuesy 1-Feb-2012 2:33 AM

A question ...

I am Sorry - i will try to explain.

Some time ago, it happened to me on an other forum. I replied to a topic. A day later, I wanted continue reading. But in the meantime there were quite a lot of other entries and it cost me quite a while and effort to find the headline and the topic again.
How do I get back to that position ? Do you have a tip? At least in principle ?

Merci beaucoup.

MisterMe 1-Feb-2012 3:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatsuesy (Post 19839)
How do I get back to that position ? Do you have a tip? At least in principle ?

If you use the forum's hosting software, the best that you can do is to take note of the View First Unread option between the first [Post Reply] button and the Original Post. However, you have to remember which area you last used before pressing the option.

A better option is to use the history of your own browser. The last page on the site that you visited should be the first one that you see listed in the history menu.

mtownsend 1-Feb-2012 4:14 AM

One thing to try is the "Quick Links" drop-down menu at the top of the page. From there, select the "New Posts" option. That will usually get you a list of threads that have new posts since your last visit. However, there are limits. If you've been away for a while (and there are too many new posts), the list will only show you the most recent set of new posts.

You can also use the "Quick Links -> Today's Posts" command to get a list of posts from the last 24 hours.

Another way to track topics you're interested in is to use subscribed threads. By default (unless you've changed this option in your personal settings), whenever you post to a thread, you are automatically "subscribed" to that thread. That means the forum will automatically send you an email notification if someone responds to your subscribed threads.

You can also manually subscribe to threads without posting to them if you like.

If you want to revisit any of the threads you've been subscribed to, you can also get to them from the "Quick Links" menu. From the drop-down menu, select "Subscribed Threads" and you will be given a list of all your subscribed threads.

jeranaerly 1-Feb-2012 11:42 AM

Re: A question ...

Now I understand, it is not difficult.

I think after the log-in, it is under "view active topics".

;-)

johnalba544 14-Sep-2012 1:42 PM

There is only one options to see the viewed topics: "Quick Links -> Today's Posts"