TV Fool

TV Fool (http://forum.tvfool.com/index.php)
-   Welcome (http://forum.tvfool.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   general questions (http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=15017)

atlantis43 26-Oct-2014 2:40 PM

general questions
 
Hi;
I need a little info before I can post my questions. The main one is as follows:
With the new HDTV channels, are channels such as 2-1 or 66-1 UHF or VHF?
Is there any way to identify which are which?
Thanks.

Stereocraig 26-Oct-2014 3:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlantis43 (Post 47464)
Hi;
I need a little info before I can post my questions. The main one is as follows:
With the new HDTV channels, are channels such as 2-1 or 66-1 UHF or VHF?
Is there any way to identify which are which?
Thanks.

The number that we see, is called the "Virtual" channel.

The number of the channel that we need to be concerned with, is called the "Real" or "Physical" Channel.
This means that something that's advertised as being on 68.1, may actually be transmitted on "Real" channel 5.

These will both be listed, when you run and post your TVF Report.

VHF LO = 2-6, VHF HI = 7-13, UHF = 14-51.

In effect, the channel numbers have no more meaning, that if you were to use peel off stickers, for ID.

atlantis43 26-Oct-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stereocraig (Post 47465)
The number that we see, is called the "Virtual" channel.

The number of the channel that we need to be concerned with, is called the "Real" or "Physical" Channel.
This means that something that's advertised as being on 68.1, may actually be transmitted on "Real" channel 5.

These will both be listed, when you run and post your TVF Report.

VHF LO = 2-6, VHF HI = 7-13, UHF = 14-51.

In effect, the channel numbers have no more meaning, that if you were to use peel off stickers, for ID.

I'm familiar with the old designations that you've listed, but how do I run a TVF report so that I can know what channels are problematic with my current digital converter box (one one old tv), which is connected to an "amplified" Radio Shack HDTV antenna?
Once I know this, I might be able to post my real question to make sense.

Stereocraig 27-Oct-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlantis43 (Post 47470)
I'm familiar with the old designations that you've listed, but how do I run a TVF report so that I can know what channels are problematic with my current digital converter box (one one old tv), which is connected to an "amplified" Radio Shack HDTV antenna?
Once I know this, I might be able to post my real question to make sense.

Post your TVFR in the"Help With Reception" thread as this is kind of a dusty corner.

You will need to enter an exact address, or coordinates and nobody else will see them.
http://www.tvfool.com/

This will tell members if your problem is w/ your antenna, its location, or if the amp is being overloaded. Your box, may be OK.


BTW. Contrary to any advertising hype ALL antennas, are Digital, HD and COLOR.

atlantis43 27-Oct-2014 2:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stereocraig (Post 47473)
BTW. Contrary to any advertising hype ALL antennas, are Digital, HD and COLOR.

Nice to know. Thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © TV Fool, LLC